Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nordstrand 5 string review by Bunnybass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emjazz, May 5, 2003.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. To say that they liked it would seem to be a bit of an understatement, eh?

Mike

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It doesn't get much better than that review. I'm so happy for Carey. I knew that people would be quick to find out about him and the love that he puts into his instruments.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    If he's already commanding $2000+ per instrument, he must be pretty good.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    he's better than $2000 an instrument-
    Carey has the talent for bass building- his instruments play effortlessly-
    one of the things I noticed with the Nordstrand that we has at Access Bass ( and sold fast!) was that the action was super low , but there was no fret noise! That's not true of a lot of hi end basses. These basses don not play, feel or sound like they were built by a newcomer.
    disclaimer, Im a dealer- - and I only sell what I truly believe in - adding Carey to the lineup ws a no brainer, im just glad he took me up on my offer!
    The crafsmanship in these basses far exceeds the $2000 mark when xxxx bass sells for thousands more without really offering anymore. No, I will not tell you which I think xxxx basses are!!! ;)

6. arcopizz

arcopizz Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Arizona
    ...if that Bass of Carey's that is posted on BunnyBass said Fodera, Roscoe, F, or MTD on the headstock you could bet the price would be twice what it is.... Carey, if you're reading this; That Bass on BunnyBass is absolutely amazing! Keep up the good work there young man! I look forward to owning one of your basses, soon!:cool:

7. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Wow,
    Thanks for all the kind words guys. I was really quite overwhelmed by the Bunnybass review. I mean, it is just a bass. But at the same time I'm very happy that my hard work is being recognized, and I really appreciate all the positive feedback.
    Thanks again guys,
    Carey

8. Me too! ;)

Mike

9. Carey,
    Smokin' review in Bunnybass!! I love the looks of the redwood and the cocobolo together.

What does that bass sound like? Like a Jazz? Bright?

10. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    John,
    I'd have to say that bass had a great fingerstyle tone.

Jon said in the review
    "The fingerstyle sound is strong and wiry, and with the rear pickup favored a bit the voice becomes an angry snarl, with tons of low-mids. With the neck pickup soloed and playing gently towards the neck the sound becomes round and fat, with a sweet, blossoming sound. "

I have a hard time describing tone, because it's all so subjective, and the bass was only here for a short time after it was done. I'm going to play around with some more pickup designs on my next batch and try to spend more time playing and listening.