Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nordstrand custom 5-string bass for sale.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by deichman, Jul 13, 2005.

1. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    OK. All of you here at TB will know this bass. This is the custom built Amboyna burl bass that Carey built for Adrian Garcia. I purchased it from him. As much as I regret it, I must sell it as I need the money. This is a bouble cut bass with an ash body and exotic amboyna burl top. The neck is maple with a bird's eye board. The pickups are Nordstrand dual coils (I don't know the model) with matching amboyna wood covers. I beilieve that the pre-amp is an F bass version. Volume-pan-bass-mid-treble and master tone. Two of the knobs are push/pull, one for passive, and the other to split the coils. There is a switch to turn on/off the fiber optics for the side fret markers. They are an amber color which compliments the top very nicely. This bass was at the Namm show in January, right after it was completed. Adrian had it a short time and sold it to me. The bass is flawless and hardly used at all. My wife is out of town with the digital camera so I don't have any "fresh" images, but can get them next week. Don't worry, this bass is perfect. I can't find a single blemish on it. It is a work of art, sounds great and plays unbelieveably well. After I bought the bass I e-mailed Carey to tell him, "this is the first bass I have ever purchased that makes me a better player", I meant that. Interested parties, make me an offer. PM me for offers, information and questions.

Thanks,

deichman

I am leaving for a short vacation and will get to the PM's as soon as I can.

Here are some links for you to view.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160403

Scroill down to the namm photos to see the bass in the following link:

http://www.nordstrandguitars.com/new.htm

Next to the F bass:

http://www.accessbass.com/FandNordstrand.jpg

2. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    Holy tomato... Sucks that you have to sell it- sucks even more that I don't have a money tree in my backyard so I could buy it!

3. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Wow.. that sucks, man. I've been drooling over this ever since Adrian's pre-finish post about it. And you're in Kansas to boot, so I could just drive over and pick it up if I bought it.

Hmm, bass or house payment? :(

Good luck.

4. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    They always say that if you have to ASK what the price is, you can't afford it.

But I have to ask what you mean to get for the instrument. That'll tell me if I'm in the ball park or alone at home on a Saturday night.

5. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas

Thanks

deichman

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    +1.

The last Nordstrand (the ebony SC5) went for just under $3000 IIRC.

7. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    PM sent.....

Rob

8. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    Thanks.

deichman

9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Wow, I so want this bass, of course, I probably couldn't afford it at all so I guess I'll just go back to drooling over the pictures.

Geez, I wish I knew what price range we were talking here.

Oh, what the heck, PM sent. :)

10. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas

Thank You,

deichman

11. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Wow, adrian let go of that one, too?? :eek:

And I thought I was fickle with gear. :D

12. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    You, Adrian and I must all fall in that fickle category! ;) I am always buying and selling something, usually basses. You know how that goes, six months later you want it back!

deichman

13. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    He got the other one back already :crying:

14. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

PM sent

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    it's an absolutely wonderful bass- I am not made of money ( not even the smallest bit of me ;) ) so, when faced with which Nordstrand i would keep, i had to opt for the set neck Camphor burl with the inlay and my daughter's name. Believe me , the bass is smokin' and was a big hit at NAMM.
    Hey, the ONLY bass that i will not sell under any circumstances is the Squier P bass in my living room. That's because it's my daughter's bass and not mine to sell...

16. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    pm sent
    Hey Adrian, whatsup...you seems so quiet these days. hows your body man..

17. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    All PM's answered. Sale is pending. I will update as soon as I know for sure. Interested parties hang in there. Anything could happen.

Thanks,

deichman

18. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    This bass is sold.

Thanks,

deichman

19. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Just wondering....who bought this beautiful Nordie?? :eek:

20. deichman

deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    I'll let the mystery buyer identify himself when he's ready.

Hint: He didn't post on this thread, and he lives in the US.

deichman