1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand DC 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Envincibal, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. These are for wood covers, but I do have the plastic shells from Norstrand that I'll throw in (I had to modifiy them a little to get them to fit over the pickups - Adrian at Nordstrand did tell me that in advance). These are wound in parallel.

I had installed them in my Pedulla Thunderbolt with the 3-way switch (series/single/parallel), matched with an Audere classic 4-band, and there were tons of tonal options. These have a modern sound to them, but if you install the 3-way coil splitter/tap switch, you can get some extra growl by running the pickups in single coil mode (the Big Splits, which I'm now using, have more aggression than the DC's, which is the sound I was aiming for).

When I was boxing them up, the ground wire on one of the pickups became unsoldered, so after I resoldered it, I also put electrical tape to hold the wires in place, taping the wiring down on the back of the pickups - this shouldn't be an issue, and you can easily remove the tape; I just wanted to prevent any unnessecary movement.

$200 shipped CONUSA / PayPal accepted

Link: http://www.nordstrandpickups.com/bass-pickups/signature/

Attached Files:

2. This pic was taken before I tapped the wiring down - I'll get a pic of that later tonight.

Attached Files:

3. And sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.