1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nordstrand Dual Coil Soloed, anyone try this?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by newworldman86, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Has anyone tried using a Nordstrand Dual Coil as the sole pickup in a bass? I am considering putting one of this in my Fleabass Junior with the Nordstrand 2 band preamp. Would this pickup by itself provide a full enough sound. I see that many people have installed the EMG35 DC in this bass, but I prefer a warmer and smother sound in my bass. Every sound clip I have heard of the Nordstrand either has both pickups going, or one pickup right on the bridge. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. LM Bass

LM Bass

Jul 19, 2002
    Vancouver, BC
    I've built a bass that way and it sounds great!
    L

3. Where did you place the pickup? Is it in the P bass position or Musicman position. Series or parallel? Thanks for the info LM Bass.

4. Envincibal

Envincibal Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Philly, PA
    warm and smooth... that's about right for the Nordy DC (I had them in one of my Pedulla's - very nice pickups, but I was looking for a bit more aggression and found it with the Big Splits)