1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nordstrand Fatstacks pickups for 6 string bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bongostealth, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    For sale is a pair of Nordstrand Fatstacks pickups. Price is $150 shipped. These are in excellent condition and come with the screws. (Note: These came out of my Warwick Thumb and the previous owner was the one who installed them. In the process, he slightly stripped two of the screws. However, they are still usable by a screwdriver)

A set of these go for $295 new but you can get these, which are in excellent condition, for a fraction of the price.

Official description:

These are a proprietary Nordstrand design. The traditional bi-pole magnet layout was, literally, twisted in a new direction. By rotating the poles 45 degrees for each set, we have increased the size of the traditional J style coil by 50%, making is wider, or 'Fatter'. This results in a larger aperture, which captures more harmonic content from the string, resulting in a 'Fatter' tone. These pickups have a tone reminiscent of a J style single coil, but they are bigger and bolder. Full range with a present but pleasant high end response. These pickups have a great deal of midrange detail and fullness. Due to the naturally lower output of this design, these pickups can sometimes benefit from a preamp with 3 or more db of gain.
    Standard string spacing for 6 string is 18mm, center to center, at the bridge.

These pickups will fit as replacements for Bartolini shapes:

6 String - (Similar to Bartolini (tm) P4 Shape) - 4.675" X 1.27"
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Shipping is to continental U.S. only. Sorry.

Attached Files:

2. Bollenator

Bollenator The Ersatz Haderach

Jun 2, 2010
    Western Washington
    Just played a Mike Lull with these on it today and I really like what I heard. PM'd.

3. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    might take you up on this, in about a week.
    just making sure, these pickups can be used as single coil or Humbucker mode via toggle switch?

4. Srza

Srza

May 3, 2009
    Makarska, Croatia
    In my opinion the best Nordstrand pickups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.