Nordstrand MM/J Pickup Set: NJ5S and MM5.4 - New, Never Opened

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Hollow Man, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Back when I had a Lakland MM/J bass, I was considering a pickup swap for no particular reason, and I bought Nordstrand NJ5S (split coil) and MM5.4 pickups from BestBassGear. Of course, I never got around to making the change, and the Lakland has since been sold. This would be a great deal for someone who wants to change up the sound of their Lakland 55-94/02, who's having a custom bass built and wants to save a bit on the expense of pickups, or someone who's building their own bass.

The packaging around each of the pickups has never been opened, and obviously, the lead ends have never been soldered or cut short. These pickups are literally factory condition.

I paid $260 before taxes and shipping, so I reckon $175 shipped CONUS sounds about right. Willing to ship internationally if the buyer foots the extra shipping expense. Only trades accepted would be an Iron Ether Nimbus or FrantaBit, or a Barge Concepts VB-Jr. I do not want to split up the pickups.

6267385242_a74126f237.jpg

2. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    That's a beautiful site. I'll take'em... if still available. This is a sweet pup combo for 5502's along with an Audere Classic 4 band pre.

btw - I'm looking for another minty NJ5S neck pup if anybody has got one. Thanks

3. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Got your PMs. They're on hold for you.

4. funkboy5

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    COOL!!!!! Responded to your pm. Thanks bro....

5. funkboy5

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Payment sent....

6. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Payment received; pickups are sold.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.