1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand MM P'ups? Who Uses One?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Count Bassie, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I'm curious to hear a testimony on these, I'm considering a custom-spaced MM5.2, and also looking at the Villex offerings.

Thanks for any insight/info/comparisons, etc.

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    I dropped a Nordy MM4.2 in a Fernandes Atlas 4. The difference between it and the stock pup was night and day. That was a while back. I haven't played it in several months and I made the swap several months before that. I think I wired it single coil/series/parallel. I have no experience with Villex, but I would not hesitate to go with Nordy again.

3. ewimsatt

ewimsatt

Jul 1, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Pickup Maker, Luthier, and Repairman, Wimsatt Instruments
    Nordys are top notch pickups. Obviously I am biased as to which Jazz or P pickups I prefer, but no one makes a better MM or soapbar than Nordstrand, IMO.

4. I replaced the pickup in my olpmm3 with a nordy, and the difference in tone is significant. I love it.

5. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Alright, I think I'm getting a pattern here...

6. Is this pickup suitable for a purely passive setup, without a preamp?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020