1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand MM4.3 series or parallel?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gintaras, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    Doing a project bass. Picked up a Geddy Lee body and Precision neck. Routed the bridge pickup for MM.
    Electronics are:
    Dimarzio J in neck
    Nordstrand MM4.3 in bridge
    Audere JZ3 preamp

After reading parallel vs series threads, the question is how to wire the Norstrand. I did try parallel and sounded on the bright side. I think that I would like to try series to increase the low and mids. Which color wires would get soldered together to make series? Presently there is Red, Black, Green and White.

Also would members please comment on my decision to go series and if my thinking is in the right direction :meh: :meh:

2. why choose?

you need to find and add an on/on/on switch and wire the MM pickup series/single/parallel....that way in series you get a beef tone...in single you can mix with the Jazz for a classic jazz vibe, and in Parallel you can get the stingray thing happening...