1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nordstrand NJ-Deluxe $3500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xqusemuah, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Set neck double cutaway. It has a northern ash core with a goncalo alves top and a camphor burl back, laser cut matching cavity cover. The neck woods are maple, wenge, and bubinga down the middle, with an unmarked pau ferro fingerboard.

Custom Nordstrand Fat Stack pickups to fit under the matching wood covers, wired vol/vol. These pickups are shipped with three conductor wire for a split-able installation. The third lead can be shorted to ground only so the top coil remains active for a louder, more aggressive and mean version of the fat tone these pickups deliver (albeit with 60 cycle noise that single coils inherently possess). Think of it as a turbo charger for tone! The bass is modern sounding. Very big w front pickup engaged. I solo the bridge pup and get a fat jazz bass type sound. It is wired to go single coil / humbucker right now. You can get a more aggressive tone by shorting the 3rd ground on the pups as mentioned above.

Benevente preamp, (Treble, cut/boost, Mid, cut/Boost, and Bass boost only)
    Brass Hipshot A style bridge
    Small mandolin frets
    Gold Hipshot ultralight tuners
    DP switch
    weighs 10lbs
    34.5" scale
    Strap Locks
    New Nordstrand Logo gig bag

This bas is set up with .045's w/low action, and is a fast player with the small mandolin frets. It has a solid feel, very similar to a Fodera Imperial. The neck is very solid. It is 3 years old and has really has not been played much. I am the 3rd owner. You have to look hard to see any blems from fingernails. The finish is high gloss. The bass looks really new. I am selling for the $$, have bills due, my main bass is an AC5, and the fretted bass is my second instrument, plus i do have a '65 jazz bass for doing the fretted thing.

No trades. US 48 only.

2. mo pics

3. a few more

4. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    WOWZA!!!!

5. yoyossarian

yoyossarian

Dec 17, 2007
    nice looking bass...

goncalo alves, haven't heard of that before....very cool looking.

how does this play/sound?

why are you selling?

6. see edited post

7. These are great basses! I miss my NJ6 Deluxe :crying:, and I wish I didn't have to sell it but... you do what you have to do when the call for finances come :(

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    unbelievable....i can't stop looking at it.

9. no love?

10. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    Holy Cripes.. That is beautiful..

Free bump.. Man....

11. Thanks!

12. bump for my bass.

13. Bass is sold pending payment..

14. done deal.

Thread Status: