Nordstrand NJ4 Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by r379, Oct 24, 2004.

1. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Just in case anyone is contemplating changing the pickups in a Jazz Bass, I have just had a pair of NJ4 pups installed (Got them from Best Bass Gear.) in my parts Jazz. Alder body and rosewood board. The tone is killer. Smash reviewed them in his "Summer Showdown" and since he did such a great job of describing their tonal characteristics I'm not going to try to do that here. Suffice it to say that I am more than pleased with their vintage-y tone.
  2. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I have those pick ups on my Warmoth Dinky J, and it s really impressive.
    very dynamic, Big sound quality :bassist:
  3. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Great to hear you're enjoying your Nordstrand NJ4s. ;) The "word-of-mouth" is really starting to get around on the entire line of Nordstrand pickups, and I've heard the same kind of replies from my customers as you shared above. ;)
  4. where can I get them???
  5. Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    Check the nordstrand website. You will find them.
  6. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Send a PM to JPJ!
  7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    or - just trying to be fair. I've had great buying experiences from both Jay @ Blueberry Hill and Brian @ BestBassGear - you can't go wrong either way.
  8. Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    I dumped a set into my J and it was an amazing improvement over the stock config. Much more tonal range and incredible note def. Totally pleased with them, thanks SMASH!
  9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm really not a P bass fan but I built a 72ish Tele/P bass for MascisMan & the p/u sounded fantastic!!!!

I currently have 2 basses I'm building for 2 TBers with Nord P/U's. I can't wait to hear AJBrown's 5 with the NJ5's & Aguilar OBP-1!!!!