1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand nj4sv in a Lakland DJ4

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by lebrett, Oct 20, 2009.

1. lebrett

lebrett

Mar 14, 2008
    Quebec, Canada
    I just got a brand new Lakland DJ4 Rosewood neck and I am annoyed with Single Coil Hum. Love the sound but can't get passed the buzz. So would I lose that sound if I swapped those lakland pups for NJ4SV Nordstrand? Also is the fit perfect? And is installation something I can do or I would be better of handing that to a pro?

Thanks.

2. Andyroo721

Andyroo721

Apr 25, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    super easy to do... no different than any other passive p/up swap. Put the same p/ups in my DJ and the sound if much more firm. Easy job with great results and perfect match.

3. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    SVs doesn't have the same sound as singles, but very close.

If hum is a major concern then you won't be disappointed. SEs are a bit different and you should also consider them.

They're a drop in replacement on JBs so it should fit with no problem.

As is a brand new bass I'd take it to a pro just to make sure the solder joints are perfectly clean. (I'm not very good with soldering)

best