Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nordstrand NJ5SE Jazz p/u???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rodent, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Anyone know if Carey has a 5-string equivalent to his NJ4SE's? I absolutely LOVE these 4-string p/u's and am starting a 5-string project where I want to get a similar tone but in a 5. I would order a set first thing in the morning if they're available.

It's days like today that I really miss Carey's forum, but I understand that he's way overworked and didn't have time to also devote full-time here as well.

R

p.s. another thread that was in Carey's forum noted a few of the p/u types he was working to bring to production. Did anyone keep a copy of these?

2. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'm not sure but I think those threads still exist and you can find them with the search function.

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Rodent,
    I just sent you a PM outlining some info with respect to your question. But....for the rest of the forum, a NJ5SE is not possible due to the fact that the pickup design will not fit in a standard plastic cover. However, Carey's way around this is the NJ4st, which is a stacked coil hum-canceling pickup.
    As for the models that are currently in development, Carey will be working on a P5 in the future and is currently working on a side-by-side JJ pickup, similar to what you find in the Fender Deluxe series. Hope that helps. :smug:

4. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Got the PM, thanks!

R