1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nordstrand NJ5SE Jazz p/u???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rodent, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Anyone know if Carey has a 5-string equivalent to his NJ4SE's? I absolutely LOVE these 4-string p/u's and am starting a 5-string project where I want to get a similar tone but in a 5. I would order a set first thing in the morning if they're available.

It's days like today that I really miss Carey's forum, but I understand that he's way overworked and didn't have time to also devote full-time here as well.

R

p.s. another thread that was in Carey's forum noted a few of the p/u types he was working to bring to production. Did anyone keep a copy of these?

2. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'm not sure but I think those threads still exist and you can find them with the search function.

3. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Rodent,
    I just sent you a PM outlining some info with respect to your question. But....for the rest of the forum, a NJ5SE is not possible due to the fact that the pickup design will not fit in a standard plastic cover. However, Carey's way around this is the NJ4st, which is a stacked coil hum-canceling pickup.
    As for the models that are currently in development, Carey will be working on a P5 in the future and is currently working on a side-by-side JJ pickup, similar to what you find in the Fender Deluxe series. Hope that helps. :smug:

4. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Got the PM, thanks!

R