SOLD Nordstrand Nordy VPJ5 #53

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rman12321, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    I've got Nordstrand Nordy VPJ5 #53 for sale. I bought this bass used from Carey Nordstrand in 2016. Originally it was a VP5 only, a bridge pickup was added by the shop before it was shipped to me. I've had this bass since 2016, but its sat in it's case for 4 years barely played as I don't play much anymore. I'd rather this go to a good home to be enjoyed rather than me holding onto it stowed away.

*Price in USD

Specs:
    Orange colour
    Ash body
    One piece maple neck and fingerboard.
    Neck pickup - nordstrand NP5
    Bridge pickup - nordstrand NJ5 split coil in a soap bar cover
    Passive electronics
    19 string spacing
    34” scale
    Hipshot USA bridge and ultralight tuners
    Weight ~9lbs according to bathroom scale
    Rectangle hard shell case included as pictured

It is in nearly mint condition 9.5/10 with a few tiny marks (nothing through the finish). No scratches on the main body and no dings or scratches on the neck. Pickguard has a few player swirls in it. No Neck pocket cracks.

The only marks i could find on the bass are:

A tiny mark on the headstock
    a tiny mark near the armrest
    a bump near the controls knobs
    a bit of discoloration near the neck heel

Again, nothing is through the finish and i've pictured all the marks on the bass.

It’s one of the best playing and sounding instruments I’ve ever played. Carey is living proof human work can be better than a PLEK machine.

Not looking for trades at the moment as I don't play much anymore. Since I live in Canada, I can include shipping within Canada. For USA, depending where on you are I can include shipping but we can discuss that.
    IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0054.JPG IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0057.JPG IMG_0058.JPG IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG IMG_0067.JPG IMG_0068.JPG IMG_0072.JPG IMG_0074.JPG IMG_0069discolor.jpg IMG_0070ding.jpg IMG_0075_ding.jpg IMG_0076ding.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    that is fabulous.

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    oof this is killer.

4. Very cool bass! I’m trying to figure out what looks “off” about this bass. Is the body somewhat downsized from a fender? Visually it looks like the body dimensions are different, maybe slightly narrower? Lower bouts look slightly out of proportion with the upper half of the body. Regardless I’ll bet this beast sounds and plays amazing. I’ve gotten the itch for a 5 string P bass, it’s been growing for awhile. You are not helping.......

5. I don’t believe the body is downsized, I used to have a fender American p5 and didn’t notice a difference between the bodies

6. Price drop to 2300 USD

s_wood likes this.
  7. Heading to Nashville TN area!

bigbassdaddy and Chris Haughey like this.