1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand NP4 and NJ4SE Fender Hwy1 PJ -=with soundclips=-

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by remo, Jun 23, 2007.

1. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    o O (I wonder how the J only with tone half open would sound.)

I really miss my PJ thanks to you.

2. Sounds killer man!

3. Mandril

Mandril

May 10, 2006
    Madrid
    mmm... I'll think about it :smug:

4. Very cool Remo!

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    +1

6. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    what other settings do you guys want to hear? i got one vote for J tone @ half

7. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    maybe some slapping too? and sorry if i missed it already but what was your RH position when playing the clips?

8. here's a setting I like to use...I'd like to hear it on your P/J

start with both pickups 100% and the tone control @ half...dial back the neck pickup just until the sound starts to open up (you'll hear it happen, usually @ somewhere between 70% - 90%)

9. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Great clips, guys! That's it. Must. Buy. NP4.

10. Showdown

Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have those same pickups in my Fender Zone and they sound amazing. I also replaced the preamp with a Bart NTMB, but I use it in passive mode most of the time. They don't really need a preamp. I found out just how good they sound when I let a bass player in another band use my bass and rig and heard it from the audience. WOW. I was set to just the P pickup, and it cut through perfectly and sounded amazing.

11. man .. I'll have to dig out the pj tonight .. stuff this soap bar rubbish .. I'll have to learn your line so I can compare it to my dimarzios

really nice sound though congrats .. another thing to talk myself out of buying

12. I've learned that line...I'll have to record it when I get a chance...sounds very cool on my Yamaha RBX170 (wilkinson P, and stock J)...It also sounds very cool on my Carvin AC40.

very cool line, by the way...and the Nordie pickups sound GREAT!

13. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
  14. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Man, I was about to get some Dimarzio Model J's for my MIM Jazz but that Nordy J sounded pretty damn great!!!!!

15. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Great sound clips! Making me want to get these.

16. ecufunk

ecufunk

Nov 19, 2007
    i dont know you guys but for the neck pickup i preffer the NJ4SV sounds a little bit brigther don´t get me wrong the NJ4SE is a great pickups i have one one the neck of my lakland 4-94 i love it but the NJ4SV winding gives you more open top

17. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    +1

I got a Nordy jones goin on and a couple of basses that could use them.

18. Just ordered some NJ4's for my MIM jazz! Should sound sweetttttt :) I should post some clips comparing the stock MIM pickups and the Nordies...

19. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    cool man, do so.. I hope you ordered them through Brian at BBG!! top bloke!

20. Yep :) Sure did! Easiest transaction ever! They're on the plane now, due here on the 14th :D

Also ordered a Badass II :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021