Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nordstrand NX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by therealting, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Just saw this while looking at another Nordstrand... is it just me, or is this body shape SWEET? Kind of like singlecut function with doublecut aesthetics...

[​IMG]

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Not you... it is sweet.

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Yes, yes!!

4. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
  5. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Our very own Bernie Connors has probably played that axe several times, being Scott's student!

edit- nice sound coming out from it! Too bad the image is twisted :confused:

6. hasadari

hasadari

Jun 23, 2005
    Awesome

7. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    Thats my favourite nordy! When ??I first saw that I freaked!

8. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    Yep, Nordstrand is my favorite custom builder. I'm glad I'm a four string guy, at least I have a chance of maybe affording a Nordstrand in the future. ;)

9. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I'm not too sure why the image is twisted. I'd love to take lessons from Scott but, I don't know how to read yet,.... Need to take reading lessons first :p ... Here's a mpg that isn't twisted.....I will add that the tone displayed in this video will make you have "accu"-gas.
    http://www.scottpazera.com/Pazera_CEM_10.8.05.MPG
    I highly suggest visiting Scott's website if you haven't been yet. Killer mp3's and other really valauable info in there, www.scottpazera.com
    Peace

10. Yes, that is one amazing bass! The construction, fit and finish are just outstanding. Carey is really a perfectionist when it comes to his work and it shows.

Check out this mp3 to hear it in action: http://www.scottpazera.com/YouDontKnowWhatLoveIs.mp3

Scott can really make that bass sing!

11. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    "singlecut function"?

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    having that board behind the neck can be addictive i guess

13. i like that bass a lot!

14. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    No thanks.

15. Yes instead of finishing the shape as a lot of SCs, carey has done a "horn" like double cut basses.....
    [​IMG]

Vince

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I love my SC5, but I want an NX5 too!

If I every get financially capable of ordering another custom, the builder will be Carey, and it will be an NX5.:cool:

17. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm another student of Scott's-ok, until i left for Chicago, i was a student of Scott's. When i go home for Winter Break & for the summer, i plan on studying with him more. Amazing teacher-he explained things in a way that they made sense to me, where as some teachers when they explain things-i don't understand as quickly.

The NX7-i've never played it. The thing sounds and looks amazing in person too though.

That's all

18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That is a beautiful, classy instrument.

19. zeronyne

zeronyne Recovering Keyboard Player

Nov 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I've had the pleasure of playing that NX7 (also a Pazera disciple, although I'm a rank beginner). It's light as a feather and the fretboard is incredibly easy to play.

I have an NX in the queue...hopefully early next year, my build slot will come up.

20. Scopaz

Scopaz Supporting Member

May 23, 2002
    Chicago & Midwest Area
    I of course am a little biased, but I love this bass. I need to start showing up around here more, but then I would never get any practice in. Anyway, catch me and you are more than welcome to play it. Ciao.
    Scott