Nordstrand P bass pickup......

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Beefbass, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Hello everybody. I had seen it mentioned here once before that a Nordstrand Pbass pickup would be coming out soon. JPJ, this is one for you really;any idea when that would be? And is that one going to be able to go toe to toe with the Lindy Fralin too?
    Just curious. Thanks :)
  2. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Beefbass,
    Right now, we're just trying to get things going with the NJ4 and NJ4SE models, and so far things are going very well. Once things are well underway with the two jazz single coil models, Carey has mentioned a desire to then expand the line to include his "fat stacks", a P pickup, and maybe a few other models. However, for the time being, I don't expect the line to expand to include a P pickup before the end of the year.
  3. Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    I might as well chime in here...

I just got in a couple sets of fibers for P style pickups today. And, I now need to make a couple sets and try them out.
    I can make a set like vintage Fenders, as the specs are readily available, but I'd like to offer my slant on them instead. And that will take a little R&D.
    Like JPJ said, I should have something in a month or two.
    Thanks for your interest!
  4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Thank you Carey, and JPJ! :)
  5. Well I've heard good things about the Jazz P-ups, so I can't wait for these P's! Might pick up a pair myself.
  6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Jenderfazz, contact JPJ-he can tell you all about those!