1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand P-bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JJBass30, Feb 28, 2008.

1. JJBass30

JJBass30

Jul 6, 2007
    I've got a mexican made P-bass which I love but the pickups on it are driving me crazy. Ive been looking round and ive considered alot of pickups i was curious if anyone has nordstrand pickups and if they would be better to get then bartolini or dimarzio

2. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I have a MIA Fender P and I have change the pickups twice: from stock to SD Antiquity and now from SD Antiquity to Norstrand and ...I love it, the sound from the norstrand is what I was looking for: clear, deep bottom , old school, sounds like a P must sounds to me.

3. I also have a MIM P-bass. When I replaced the PU with a Nordstrand it made a big difference.
    When I replace the pots and wiring with new stuff from Bayou Cables it made an even bigger difference. Good luck! :D

4. JJBass30

JJBass30

Jul 6, 2007
    thanks 4 the help