1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand P in one shell?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by denchiq, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Hi everyone

are there P-type Nordstrands in one shell, similar in shape to their Big Splits, Fat Stacks etc.? Just trying to figure if you can have a direct PJ replacement for the Bartolini MK shape, so other suggestions are welcome

Thanks,
    Denis

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    The Big Split is a Bart MK shape. being a split coil, it more or less meets the P-Type in one shell. Maybe I don't understand the question ?

3. Kalango

Kalango

May 9, 2005
    Brazil
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I have a NP5 in one of my basses, along with a NJ5S at the bridge. I want the same tone in another bass bass I own, because of the more comfortable (wider) string spacing,but it has bart P2 pickups. I was going to contact Mr. Nordstrand and try to convince him to wind a NP5 and a NJ5 in P2 shells. I will wait some more responses, maybe someone will point out some fundamental flaw in the idea before I submit it to the people at Nordstrand...

Edit: I was thinking the same, but for a fiver...

4. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    A while ago I inquired about this to Carey and basically there's not enough room if you use the right amount of wire.

There is a pic of a 6 string P on the Nordy site and it's in one large wooden soapbar cover. That's how wide the single P pu has to be.

5. Yes, I was thinking a 5 string too.

According to the site info, the Bg Splits deliver a sound closer to a single, but wider, so I think that's different

sent a mesage to Carey last night, no responce so far.