Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nordstrand P pups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by groovit, Nov 17, 2004.

1. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Hey all-

I am going to be replacing the pups on my Fender P, and I am weighing getting the Nordstrands. I've heard good things about them, but I haven't heard anything regarding the P style pups. I have read the P pup shootout thread, but the Nordstrands weren't mentioned there, as far as I could tell...

tia

2. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    I just put some in Monday. They sound really good in my opinion.

More articulate than the stock MIA P pickup I had it in, but still very warm (lots of low end). I would say it has more growl, but almost no harshness when compared to the stock pickup. I can roll the treble all the way up, and the sound doesn't get thin or noisy (like the old one).

Hope that helps.

Don

3. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, it's a great pickup. If you search, you'll find a thread with a sound clip I did of it.

5. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

Couldn't have said it better myself! :hyper:

6. groovit

groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Thanks for the replies, sounds like it would be a good pup to drop in. :bassist:

7. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I had a Nord P put in my new Valenti bass and it freakin rocks. Very deep and full sounding. Its hard to explain how it sounds except for saying its very "big" sounding

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Do you have flats, or roundwounds on that bass?

Saw the pictures-it's really a beautiful bass! :hyper:

I use TI flats with my Nordstrand equipped Pbass-sounds awesome. :bassist:

9. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Im using Sadowsky Nickel rounds on it right now because Im mainly playing in a loud rock band. I might try flat just for giggles though..