1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand pickups in my Squier Jaguar modified bass ???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Turlu, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I have that wonderful Squier Jaguar modified bass in red transparent. For 200$, really, that bass simply rocks !!! It has a beautiful finish and body shape with a very playable neck.

The question is: should I upgrade the pickups to Nordstrand like the NJ4 and NP4 pickups ??? Will they make a noticeable difference in Tone ??? These pickups alone would cost me more than the initial bass purchase !!!

2. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    I bought a set of Nordstrand SE pickups. I will let you know how they sound !! They were more expensive than the entire bass itself !!!

3. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    Nice! Looking forward to the comparisons :)

4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Got them installed on the beast. The Tone is absolutely more warmer and with certainly more definition and punch at the same time. Definitely a big improvement for the Bass. The bottom end that was lacking with the original pickups is now back. The natural sound 'unplugged' obtained form the bass is what made me think of changing the pickups and it really helped in getting that great wood tone. I really dig the bass body design and the fast and slim neck. I am having so much fun in doing the additions and will now most likely swap the preamp for an Aguilar. Then, I will stop there !!! More to come !!! I realized that it was too much now to upgrade the bass to my desires... I will stop there !! These wonderful pickups are now for sale !!!