1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand pj set

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jewbles, Mar 23, 2019.

1. jewbles

jewbles

May 16, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    I'm finally installing a set I got last year: NP5F and a NJ5FSb. I have an Audere preamp so I was going to run black to the common and gray to ground. The J has all three wires but the P doesn't. It's black and white only...

So I wired the J like the instructions say and put the P's black wire to ground. I'm getting signal from the J but not the P.

Any ideas?

2. reddog

reddog Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Philly burbs
    Contact them

3. jewbles

jewbles

May 16, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    I figured out my problem: working too late and not enough sleep. The P's black wire goes to common and I have signal now!

4. jewbles

jewbles

May 16, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Also I should say that these pups are awesome! They're in a Schecter Jazz replacing Duncan Quarter Pounders. I can't directly compare the neck pups since it's J to P conversion but the bridge sounds more full to my ears. I've never liked a bridge pup solo but I think I could do this.

Overall the bass just sounds more musical (whatever that means). I wouldn't go so far as calling the Quarter Pounders a one trick pony but they're very rock oriented. I feel like these Nordstrands would fit right into any mix.