1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand pre vs Audere (anyone own both)?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TonyP-, May 11, 2010.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Nordstrand pre vs Audere (anyone own both?)

I decided to go completely go nordy on my 5.

Curious to owns both pres...and your thoughts between the two.
    Thanks in advance.

2. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    [​IMG]

3. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

Nov 27, 2007
    lol. Honestly i didn't own any, but it's a hard choice.. both have good reference..

4. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    Ill chime in. Have a nordy with fat stacks and audere and love it! Really smooth boosts and cut and gives that bass a fairly modern but not overtly hyped sound. Passive tone control works great and is usable throughout the entire range. Have a Benavente 51 that i replaced the pre with a nordy three band pre with passive tone and it hugely improved that bass! Also very usable boost and cut and the two midranges are very usable. Also great passive tone, better than Sado VTC! Little bit more "traditional" sounding, I think you'll love it!

5. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    Both are very "transparent" but Audere is a bit more aggressive on boost / cut, specially at low end.

6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Thanks Chris...I was a little on the fence since I love the Audere.
    Nice to here the comparison against a Sado.

7. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Aghh...Depalm
    I figured if anyone would know it was you...
    Interesting since I thing the Audere is subtle and very usable.
    (A lot more the Bart or Aggie)

Ok this is good to know...Sounds like I will dig the Nordy pre.

Cheers on gigless Friday night while I'm home with the new baby...;) (I had to give wife a break...)

PawleeP likes this.