1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand preamp and 18v?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jobu3, Jul 12, 2014.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Changing the stock pick ups and preamp on my fender jazz deluxe v to Aguilar J60's and a Nordy 4b3a.

The Nordy is 9v stock preamp is 18v.

Can I use the Nordy as 18v?

If not, do I have to clip one 18v cap or just leave it empty? I want to still use the battery cavity in the back.

TIA!

2. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    I never understand why contacting the actual builder wouldn't be the best solution :)
    .....But beside my ranting, yes you can use the Nordstrand preamps at 18v, no problem!

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Because it was the weekend and would have likely gotten a reply faster here and want to get wiring tonight.

And actually found the answer on best bass gear where I bought it. For future searchers: All Nordstrand preamps can run 18v EXCEPT their musicman 2-band.

4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    Fair enough :)
    BBG is correct! (Remember the mid control can also be tweaked to different freqs)...

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    ;)