1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrand Single Coil NJ5's with an issue.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jobu3, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    These are an older (never soldered) set of NJ5's.

They are an older set that measure 3.75" across. They fit 19mm spacing strings. They are basically a 19mm 5-string p-up set in a 4 string width.

My pug chewed up the neck cover before I got to install them on a bass I used to own. It still goes over the p-up but it's a little ugly. It will work and be installable and give you great tone it will just be a little chewed up and cracked on the sides... Standard Nordstrand NJ5's are now 4" across. I've included the free cover that Nordstrand sent me under waranty that does not fit this pick up for size reference. You should have no trouble getting this chewed up one to fit your standard 4" slots even with the chewed up cover but there will be a 1/8 inch gap at each end of the p-ups. I have no idea what kind of basses have a 19mm p-up in a four string sized slot and Stew at Nordstrand didn't answer in the 40 or so emails we sent trying to get this figured out as to what p-ups I had and how to alleviate the problem. We never came to a conclusion since Nordstrand is not able to make a cover that can fit these p-ups even if they were sent in for said repairs. I already tried. I'd throw these in a 19mm 5'er and just use them as they are (and live with the 1/8" gaps on each side) but I don't have a 5 or have the need for one at the moment.

They come with the screws to install them that have never been used. The original box is included too.

So here they are... For sale. As is. $75 shipped or best offer. A sick price for sick tone if you can live with a couple minor issues that do not affect tone.

No trades.

PM me with offers/questions.

2. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Labor day clearance sale: $50 shipped to the 48!

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.