Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nordstrand single coils and a Sadowsky preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Funky Doctor, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Hey all, I was pondering today how a set of Nord single coils would go with a Sad preamp. I obviously wouldn't be able to try before I buy, which I am in the market for this sort of thing as it is, so has anyone tried this combination at all? Any guesses as to how it might sound?

2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Roger will make a bass with single coils simmilar to a seymour duncan antiquity II, and those nordies are a very simmilar design, so I think it'll work out just fine.

3. you want to hear this, so I'm going to tell you. it will sound awesome! both are extremely high quality pieces and in the top of their class.

4. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Just what I want to hear...

Now for the big question... will it have a kickass slap sound like a Sadowsky??

5. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    If I'm not wrong, our good friend maurilio has this match on a Warmoth part bass ... maybe he'll chime in.

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Speaking of Maurillo...I've hooked Mo' up with several sets of Nordstrand pickups over the course of the last year or two, and several of those sets have gone in Sadowsky basses, if I'm not mistaken. I belive that he is more than happy with the results, but hopefully he'll chime in. He also has posted his reviews/impressions in threads that he has started on the subject.

7. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    Hey thanks JPJ for the pm. I didn't even know half of those pickups existed. I swear there are a few models that aren't on carey's website...

8. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    No problem....glad I could help. ;)