Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NORDSTRAND TIME! a new friend, and an old friend returns.. PERSONAL INSTRUMENTS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    well, folks, I am VERY excited about two basses about to arrive...

first , my new Nordie will be ready , God willing, for the NAMM show next week, and with the undercoat just having been applied, the grain really popped on the unique Amboyna burl top..
    [​IMG]

THEN......
    my old friend returns, I am so happy to get this very special bass back. Thank you , Horace , for keeping her warm and taking care of her. I am waiting with open arms!!
    [​IMG]

So happy, i just HAD to share ! Thanks, Carey , for building these amazing instruments. Hope I can do them justice somehow.

2. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Cool basses. I like happy endings. :)

3. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    Adrian...

I've always thought that your doublecut set neck bass was one of Carey's most beautiful pieces, and I always wondered why you got rid of it. Heck...I would have considered buying it, except my initials aren't A.G.!

Looking forward to meeting you at NAMM, and I've been enjoying watching your new bass come to life.

4. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    :crying: :eyebrow: :scowl: :bawl: :mad:

no comments :bag:

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    No offense, but +1 (big time...) :)

I'm very glad to see you get this back. IMHO it belongs with you and nobody else. :)

6. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    The top on your new bass is very very nice Adrian!

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Dude, you have GOT to stop ordering basses with all that defective grain in the tops! ;)

8. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Just for a last time.... :crying:
    [​IMG]

My name is "AG" :help:

9. Congrats Adrian. That "AG" bass is still one of the most visually stunning basses I've ever seen pic's of. And I'm sure it sounds ever bit as good as it looks. Glad it came back home to you!!
    (Oh... that new one looks o.k. as well!!! ) Carey sure does build some amazing looking basses!!

10. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    Wow Adrian. Congrats on two coming home. You know, after staring at your old/new DC, I'm really having second thoughts on the SC6. I might have to go with an AG6. At least I have more time to think about it. :confused:

11. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, i believe youre up next , so you may want to think about that- i think yours gets going after NAMM-

12. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Awesome looking basses Adrian! I have to say that the figured top on the new Nordie is outrageously awesome.

:bassist: :hyper: :help: :hyper: :bassist:

13. Very nice stuff, A! Glad to see that your new Nordie will have a sibling there for company. ;)

Can't wait to see the NAMM basses finished! :hyper:

14. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Adrian,

Both of those basses are absolutely amazing!

I'm glad that "AG" is back in yours hands...No Offense Horace.
    It was your bass that made me decide that I wanted Sap wood Pau Ferro for my NJ4.

I'm looking foward to finally meeting you at NAMM.

See you at NAMM,

Rob

15. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'm typically much more of a fan of traditional looking basses, but I've got to say, Carey Nordstrand makes one hell of a nice looking bass.

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks for the clarification, adrian. these are adrian's personal basses, folks. just to clear that up. :hyper:

17. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    deez b mins basses, peoplezz...
    ok, check the link below each post and see the amboyna bass progress as my bass- and the AG bass i bought back from Horace, sorry if i offended anyone in the forum-
    thanks, JT- :cool:

18. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Glad to see you got your Camphor AB (AG) bass back! I love the top on that bass! ;) The new one's not bad either. :)
    Dan

19. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    If this thread is OK, then the policy wording needs to be changed:

Technically, it's violating that rule: Adrian initiated a discussion about a product which he sells/distributes.

I'm *not* saying I think this thread is spam. Just that apparently the new rules (or their interpretations) aren't as clear as they hoped to be.

20. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I agree, based on the wording it sounds like anyone who makes or sells basses can't post anything made by themselves or by a company that they could concievably sell (even used).

I agree that based on JT's original misunderstanding, if these basses were for sale on AG's site then it should be a violation, but the wording makes it sound like he couldn't initiate ANY discussion about ANY bass that he could be in a position to sell (or even one he has already sold, just to show us some new piece of eye candy that we can't have...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.