Nordstrand vs John east preamps

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Sakhawat, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Sakhawat

Sakhawat Commercial User

Feb 2, 2021
    I am having a hard choosing between these two brand can anyone tell me how these two voice their preamp

2. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    My two favorite preamps. The east is voiced a little more modern in that the high end can have a little sizzle to it where the Nordy in my opinion has a more vintage or midrange quality. Neither sound artificial and both have a good range of boost without the overall voice sounding weird. Both allow passive tone with the active voicing. I think the east is particularly suited for basses with nontraditional pickup spacing (smith, stingray) as the sweepable mids let you fill in the holes. Ive been trying to order both for months with no success!!

3. Sakhawat

Sakhawat Commercial User

Feb 2, 2021
    Can I use john preamp for a mellow sound?

4. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    You can get any sound you want out of either of them. Both are very very adjustable.

5. chris lykins

chris lykins Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    phoenix az
    That should not be a problem. Great passive tone and treble roll off

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022