1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nordstrands in a Lakland 55-02 with LH3

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lorddaftplayer, Feb 25, 2014.

1. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I wanted to check in and see how Lord was liking this mod after playing with it for a while. I'm contemplating picking up a 55-02 to go with my 44-02 that has Barts in it. The barts are very polite in the highs, so they lack snap, and I'm worried that the B on a 5 string would get muddy without a little more clarity. I know the current models have the Lakland pickups in them, but to me they sound almost exactly like the Barts with maybe a little less punch in the lows.

2. BigKD

BigKD

Apr 19, 2014
    I'm about to install Delanos in my Lakland 55-02. The stock 50k blend pot is trashed. Not sure if it was damaged in shipping or what, but it's going to be replaced.

250k or 500k is the typical blend pot value. Delano uses 250k stock.

Can somebody explain to me why Lakland uses 50k as the default pot value? Is there something that I should know about the LH-3 system that works better with the lower value?