1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordstrands with tighter spacing?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Aarix, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I've got a Cort Elrick RB5 that I'm really liking, but I want to upgrade the pickups.

I'm thinking that either the Nordstrand Fat Stacks or Parallel DC's would really be sweet. But while they are (roughly) the same dimensions as my Bartolini MK1's, they are made for a larger spacing.

So here's the question. Even though the Nordstrands are designed for 19mm is it possible to use them with 18.3 mm spacing? Are there other models that would work better?

Thanks!

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

in my experience as long as the strings are within the magnetic field the pup will read them fine whether they line up with poles or not. Given you're talking Nords which are not cheap nor readily available used at discount price, I'd email Carey and make him earn his money. :eek:

Also a Schaller roller bridge would bring them in line if it were an issue.

3. mIKE cOOPER AT nORDSTRAND pICKUPS CAN WIND THE PCIKUPS WEITH THE POLEPIECES STAGGERED TO WHATEVER SPACING YOU REQUIRE.

DROP THEM AN E-MAIL. THEY DID A SET OF 18MM SPACED FAT STACKS FOR MY SEI SINGLECUT 5

4. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    i have a bass with 18.5mm string spacing and ordered a custom set from them. no problem.

5. Gee - I just looked at my previous thread - looks like I typed it while drunk!!! (the sad thing is that I wasn't!!!)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021