1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nordy VJ4 Brand New!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DirtPoorRobins, Oct 30, 2010.

1. DirtPoorRobins

DirtPoorRobins Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    I'm starting a new thread because I don't like when the for sales go onto two pages and I don't want any confusion. The wife says no more basses. This has to sell now. $1800 + shipping.

2 band preamp, birds eye maple fingerboard, flame maple top, bound and blocked maple neck. This thing is killer! I'm going to let it go for a steal of a deal because none of my gear has been selling, but I know this will. To order one today will cost you $3850 with all of these options.

DSC01364.

DSC01363.

DSC01362.

DSC01361.

DSC01360.

DSC01359.

DSC01358.

DSC01357.

DSC01365.

2. natboug

natboug

Dec 8, 2009
    canada québec
    great bass !!

3. DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    Thanks, you too have a very nice nordy for sale here. These don't seem to come up on talkbass very much, and now there are two vj4's for sale at the same time. Carey does make amazing instruments.

4. natboug

natboug

Dec 8, 2009
    canada québec
    I do not understand that a bass of this quality does not sell?

5. mikeluch

mikeluch Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Ocala, FL
    PM sent

6. LutherHeggs00

LutherHeggs00

Apr 11, 2006
    Big singles? If so, any hum?

7. DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    Yes, big singles. This is my third Nordy with big singles (I've had the opportunity to play a fourth) and these things are very quiet when it comes to hum. I had a bass with the splits in them, and I just didn't like it so I bought singles and swapped them out. I really never noticed a difference when soloing the pickups when it came to hum, but the tone difference rocked! I love these big singles, but what's even better about owning a nordy is the ability to put any pickup you want in it. I had Carey make me a set of NJ5's and put them in big singles cases for one of my VJ5s. This company just rocks!

8. DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    I'm dressing up as bass guitar for halloween so I can be a "walking bass" bump! ;)

9. DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    All PM's answered and this is still available for purchase.

10. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Is the body ash or alder? What preamp is in it?

11. DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    Ash body, flame maple top, Nordstrand 2-band preamp with passive pull: volume, pan, bass, treble.

12. mikeluch

mikeluch Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Ocala, FL
    PM sent

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

My reason is I'm broke! :bawl:

14. DirtPoorRobins

Apr 18, 2005
    VA
    This is sold! Sad to see such a great bass go, but I know the new owner will be in love when he gets it. The nordy club keeps on growing!