1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Nordy vJ5 Classic , Koa top, Alder body, BRW f/b

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Michael_M_1970, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Michael_M_1970

Michael_M_1970 Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Price:
    $3795
    Strings:
    Offered for sale is my 2013 Nordy vJ5 Classic. Spec's are 5A Koa top, Alder body, BRW f/b, Vintage tint 1 piece Maple neck, 20 frets, Nordstrand Big Singles, 60's position, Nordstrand 2 band EQ vol(pull passive) blend, tone, treble and bass controls, D-Cline Koa knobs. Included is a new Fender hardshell ABS molded case.

Purchased new in December 2016 from Ultimate Basses, I am the original owner.

They have two videos available for viewing on their YouTube channel.

Condition is mint. Home use only.

Price is $4995Cdn(approx $3795US), Shipping at the buyer's expense. Located in Toronto, Ontario.

Due to the Rosewood on this bass, I can not ship outside of Canada.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Damn, that's my dream bass right there. Can the bass still not be shipped back to the US (its Country of Origin) because of the rosewood?

3. Michael_M_1970

Dec 9, 2016
    Correct. According to Dave at Ultimate Basses, CITES has made the import/export of Rosewoods for the average person very complicated. Big companies such as Fender, Taylor and PRS have the staff and resources to obtain necessary paper work to allow shipment of Rosewoods. I have heard of guitars getting stuck in Customs for months because of improper documentation (private sale items) .

I am fine selling this bass to any non Canadian resident. It's just the shipment outside Canada that I can't do. There is no sales tax so that might make a drive to Toronto worth the trip.

4. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    :-( Worst 9 words in history, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

Jabba the bass and kobass like this.
  5. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    That's a spectacular Nordy! Tempting...

6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Just brought this baby home. Beautiful bass. Thanks Michael!

PazzoBasso and graphics1988 like this.
  7. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Congrats! Been lusting after that bass for a year. I’m a CITES casualty.

RussT likes this.
  8. Michael_M_1970

Dec 9, 2016
    Hi Russ

Thank you so much brother, for purchasing this Nordy. While I am sad to see such a beautiful bass go, I do have a new bass on order for which the balance will be due soon. It was an absolute pleasure to deal with you on this sale. Thank you for your prompt payment too! Enjoy your new Nordy vj5.

s_wood and RussT like this.