1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nordy VJ5 (PJ formerly owned by Calvin Turner)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smperry, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Sold to a good home

blackie_1.

Calvin_sound_check_in_Germany.

Calvin Turner used to own it and toured/recorded with it extensively. If you search Marc Broussard on youtube you'll probably find clips of him playing it. The only changes I've done to it was I had Carey change the coils to BEA/DG prior to shipping it to me.

* 34.5" scale with 10 " to 20 " radius
    * Black finish on alder body with matching headstock
    * Madagascar rosewood fingerboard
    * NPJ5 pickups with volume, blend, tone, treble, mid, and bass. (Aguilar obp-3)
    * No pickguard - rear rout

It has a ding along the bottom edge (made presumably by Mr. Turner) and a tiny spot on the headstock (which Carey colored in). It's got superficial player wear which shows up on a black bass. For example, there are several pickstroke lines on the face. Here are some pictures I took last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the picture below, the three flashes are of course glare. The whitish line near the second knob from the right is the crack in the finish. It's made to look worse with the flash, but you can feel it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm selling it because I've ordered two custom basses from Martin Keith. I currently have only one good hard/soft case for shipping (a TKL in excellent shape), so if I sell the Valenti first, this one will be off the market until I get my stuff out of storage (which could be a couple months from now). Currently the bass has D'Addario Chromes; if you prefer rounds, I probably can include another set (new) as well.

2. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Price drop to $1750 (plus shipping if you're not local). International shipping is okay.

3. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    cool bass!

4. smperry

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Thanks. Cool avatar! :)

Still available.