1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Norm Stockton @ Atlanta Bass Gallery

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by iScott, Mar 6, 2008.

1. iScott

iScott

Jun 13, 2007
    Decatur, GA
    Tonight (Thursday, March 6th) there is a free clinic at the Atlanta Bass Gallery at 7pm. Never heard of this guy, Stockton, but my bass instructor said he's good.

2. Scott -

RUN, (do not walk) to ABG for that clinic. Norm Stockton is an AWESOME bassist and one of the nicest guys you'll ever want to meet.

Check him out here: www.normstockton.com

3. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    his solo stuff is quite tasteful, and he also plays with lincoln brewster...he's one of the nicest cats around, and you're bound to see a pretty strong bass crowd down there if norm is coming to town...hit it, man

4. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    yeah don't pass up that opportunity. Let us know how it was.

5. Brado

Brado

Oct 19, 2005
    Buda, TX.
    Norm is top notch! Go see him!! I consider him a "biggie." It's always shocking to me when people say they've not heard of him.....I know....bassists have it tough. We don't get the spotlight all that often. Go see Norm.

6. iScott

iScott

Jun 13, 2007
    Decatur, GA
    I almost feel bad for not knowing him. But I haven't been in the bass game all that long.
    Def going to see him tonight.

7. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    you should feel bad, seeing as how you play through gallien krueger amps :D you play norm's rig, bro ;)

8. we have a bass gallery???

9. Yep.

It's a very nice bass-only store: www.atlantabassgallery.com

10. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    Not only is norm a MONSTER BASSIST, he is a great teacher and extremely cool dude!!!! His DVD series Grooving for Heaven is the BOMB!!! His CD Pondering the Sushi is no joke!!!!!!!!!! Check out these samples:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/stockton

You are very blessed to have the opportunity to see him live!!!!!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

11. iScott

iScott

Jun 13, 2007
    Decatur, GA
    Very cool clinic! Only about 8 guys showed up so it was very intimate. Norm was, as described, VERY cool and very nice. Oh yeah, and a super kick ass player.

12. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Right on man. That sounds like a good time. I can't believe that only 8 people showed! That's cool for you though. :bassist:

13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    that's it?!?!?! wow...must've been an aweseom opportunity to be with norm with only a few other people around...really cool

14. I was in town on business, and stopped by for Norm's soundcheck. VERY cool cat and a monster player. The Bass Gallery is amazing! Makes me want to move to Atlanta.

15. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Man - if I only lived in ATL. Norm rocks.