1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Norm Stockton Bass Clinic, SF, CA

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Hman, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Hello Bay Area friends,

Norm Stockton will be having his "Grooving for Heaven" clinic at our church on Sat 9/8/07 @7pm. It's a "FREE" clinic and please come and check out his special talent. Or...if you just want to check out some of my bass collections, you can do that too...:smug: I can bring my Nordstrands, JPs, F bass, CB and some other goodies too.

You can PM or email me for more info (oneputtracer@hotmail.com). The church address is

Sunset Church
    3638 Lawton Street (x-42nd Ave.)
    San Francisco, CA 94122

Looking forward to seeing y'all!!:hyper:

peace,
    Horace

2. drgregn

drgregn Granddude Supporting Member

May 13, 2002
    Denton, TX
    OK. I'm officially jealous.

I had to miss Norm when he came to DFW, Texas a couple of years ago to attend to family matters... and heard he was all that. So GO... if you can!

3. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    i'll be there Horace!!! :)

4. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Very cool...let me know if anyone wants to try any of my basses. Maybe couple Nordstrands, CB...JP....F...A. Copollo:bag:

5. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    :)

well if the basses are going to be there :) i don't mind to lay my fingers on those haha :)

email sent to you horace..

6. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    :( I'll be on the East Coast. Oh well.

Marshall

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Hey!

I will try to make it, with one (or more) of our youth bassists!

8. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    Hey, that sounds cool! Maybe I'll dig up a bassplayer friend or two and make it out there. Love to try a Nordy, or an F bass. I haven't been to church in years...

Gubna

9. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Just a reminder... Norm Stockton!!!

coming up this Sat!! He's going to play with a live drummer...not just with recordings..so very different than some of his clinics. The drummer is Michael John..they are touring with Lincoln Brewster right now. Let me know if you have any questions.:smug: peace, Horace:bassist:

10. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    i'll be there too :)
    with my worship team members

yeAH!!

11. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Very cool..looking forward to meeting y'all!!:smug:

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Long & McQuade Burlington store had Norm Stockton in to do a clinic in August. Thanks to RevGroove for that one. There were 30-40 attendees.

Norm is an absolute monster player, and he's a terrific speaker. He kept us interested, laughing, and amazed for a couple of hours. It was extremely enjoyable.

13. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    I just got back from the Christian Music Summit at Bayside church in Roseville. Went to most of Norm Stockton's clinics over the last two days and was very impressed. I found him to be very knowledgeable, approachable, interesting, talented and funny. The concert Friday night was Awesome. All three artists featured were amazing. I am still fairly new to this genre of music but the more I learn about it the more I continue to be impressed. Mr. Stockton's performance with Lincoln Brewster was nothing short of captivating. Norm is a bass players bassist. Totally serves the song and the instrument without concern for ego or overplaying. I will definitely be looking into his educational series as I am finding him to be the bass player that I am trying to be. Anybody else have a similar experience this weekend?

14. avid

avid born lefty

Jun 22, 2005
    Ashland, Oregon USA
    How did you like the sound of his MTD?

15. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    Sorry I took so long to respond. The MTD bass sounded fine. He expressed that the strings on it were kinda dead at the time. He also showed off his new 5-string prototype. It is styled kinda like a J-Bass. I was more concerned about the amp. I am not too sure about the new GK stuff. Seemed kinda muddy and inarticulate. May have been the room and an obvious lack of necessary prep time to EQ it and set it up properly.

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Just weighing in here on the GK stuff. In Toronto, Norm's rig sounded really good. It actually changed my mind about Gallien Krueger. The sound reminded me a lot of my Genz Benz GBE750 / Neox 212t. His rig was very articulate with actually a bit too much mid and highs (for my liking anyway). Not muddy at all. Maybe it was the room because I thought his cab/head really projected clearly and punched hard. We were in a fairly large room 50x30 ft I'd say and he was on a raised stage.

Funny how the room changes things so much for the low end.