Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Norm Stockton Clinic in Dallas area Saturday

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DigMe, Dec 10, 2002.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ok, we've mentioned this a few times but final tally! Who's going to the Norm Stockton bass clinic in Garland this Saturday? I'll be there!

brad cook

2. I'm going! I'll be the really tall one that has to leave early, but I'll be there.
    This is how much Norm impresses me. Friday I am driving to Wichita Falls to play in the symphony (my regular gig). They put us up in a nice hotel after the friday night rehearsal, and the I usually have a nice mornign off until the 1:30 practice for a Saturday night Concert.
    This time, I am driving back home after the friday rehearsal (2.5 hours), going to the clinic Saturday morning, and them leave the clinic a little early so i can be in place by 1:15 (call time)
    I already talked to Norm and he understands that I have to leave, not that I want to leave.

For those of you anywhere close to Texas, Norm is great and would be worth your time to come (it's free)
    Embellisher, you going to be there?

3. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I went to the clinic he just had in Manchester NH. Norm is unbelievable. He stayed and answered everybody's questions. He talked with everyone. I was lucky enough to hang with Norm the night before the clinic, and he is so humble and unassuming. We jammed and talked bass, talked drummers, talked pianists with heavy left hands. It is well worth the price of admission to see and hear Norm do his stuff. (and it's cool to meet other guys from Talkbass, too.)

Chris A.:rolleyes:

4. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    What's the address?

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am going to try to be there. 9-11am, right?

6. embellisher

Yeah, I never got the address either.

7. It should be, It's Free...

Here is all of the important information.
    Saturday December 14th 9-11AM
    New world UMC
    5134 northwest Highway
    Garland Tx
    This is near the intersection of Centerville and 635.
    Just call Roger Moncus at (972) 875-6845 to let him know you are coming. He lives in Ennis, so it may be a long distance call for most of you. I say this only because the first time I called, I got a message saying I the number did not exist. I dialed a 1, and that soved that problem

If you want to learn more about Norm, it's address is

www.normstockton.com

See you there, I'm easy to spot in a crowd, so say hey to me.

Mark

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't really have many pics but here's what I look like. Say "Hi!" if you can recognize me from this picture:

[​IMG]

pale and skinny...that's me.

brad cook

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh, are you guys bringing your bass or do you think this is going to be more of a listen and observe kind of thing?

brad cook

10. Norm posted on Churchbass that this would be a Talk, listen, Q+A event. He says he does workshops that people bring basses to, but this wouldn't be one of them.

Mark

11. embellisher

We could bring our basses, leave them in the car, and have a get together in the parking lot afterwards.:p

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sure, you bring the amp and extension cords. :)

brad cook

13. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    In Manchester, there were quite a few basses. I brought my fretless 'cause Norm asked me to. I actually bought it from him a few months ago. A few churchbass guys were there and we all stood around before and after trying everyone else's basses.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

14. Here is something that some of you might be interested in. Norm is hosting a forum over on
    Bassically.com. I wish he was here, but it's still a great place to ask questions and chat. Here is the address.

Norm's forum

15. embellisher

Well, I can't bring the Eden. Somebody stole it tonight.:(

16. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    :eek: Dude! Jeff! Serious??? I'm sorry :(

Any leads?

17. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

Yeah, thats what Brad looks like!:p

Um, who is this guy? I saw the link, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I have a desire to go, but ya know...

Hey Brad, what route are ya travellin'? 35N or skipping the construction and going 35 to 31 to 45?

18. embellisher

Nope. What I am really worried about is that my IBM Thinkpad was in the car too. I hope I don't lose my job on top pf everything else.:(

19. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Busted windows and all? Is the Thinkpad gone as well? Or have you not been allowed to look in the car yet?

20. embellisher