1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Norm Stockton - "The Art of Groove"

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by MKS, Feb 18, 2004.

1. I've just recieved my copy of Norm Stockton's new DVD "The Art of Groove". I must say it's a really nicely put together instructional DVD. In this one he's working with a drummer (David Owens) covering issue such as timing, feel, styles and working on grooves with your drummer. Since "groove" relies on both bassist and drummer working as a unit, it's really neat to see the interaction between the two and have it analysed. Nice examples too. David's a great drummer. Really nice playing by both Norm and David.

If you've worked your way through "Grooving for heaven" volumes 1 and 2 you should check this one out. I thought the first two videos were really cool - a good introduction to the principles of bass playing without getting too chops-heavy.

It'll be interesting to see how his fourth in the series pans out - "The chops video".

2. Thanks for the review! I've been very curious about these DVD's. I just ordered 'Pondering the Sushi'. I can't wait for it either!