Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Norm Stockton Videos

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by count_funkula, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Anyone seen these Norm Stockton "Grooving for Heaven" videos?

Any opinions?

2. I have, and they are fantastic. They gave exactly what I wanted out of them, and you don't get that very often. By the way, Norn is going to be doing a clinic in Garland, Tx next month. Let me know if you want the details!
    For anybody who isn't familiar with Norm Stockton, he is an incredible player, and gives great clinics. I just played part of his album for the bass section in the symphony I play with, and they were freaking out and wanted to listen to it over and over. His cut of the "star spangled banner" sounds like a mix of Jaco and eddie Van halen.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

When and where is the clinic? Might make a nice mini get together as well!:)

4. I am in Wichita Falls right now with the symphony, but when I get home LATE tonight I wil post all the information. From memory, what I know is it on December 14th, from 9am to 11am. I think it at new world methodidst church on northwest highway in garland. I have a contact name and number, but it's not on my laptop. Let's take a roll call of TB member that want to go!

Mark

5. What exactly goes on at a clinic? I've never been to one before.

6. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    For those in New England, Norm is gonna be in Manchester NH on November 21. If you want details I can email them to you. The clinic is free but donations will be accepted as Norm is coming in from California for this event.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

7. This is Norm's information on the Clinic.

Hope top see lots of you Texas guys there, bring a buddy, and say hey when you see me. I'll be the 6'8" guy.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I wanna go but I won't know until closer to the date if I can or not. Hopefully I'll make it! That would be very cool.

brad cook

9. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Bump--

Norm's clinic in Manchester NH is this coming Thursday, November 21.

Chris A.:rolleyes: