Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

North Mississippi All Stars: Hill Country Revue

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by zillo, Oct 17, 2004.

1. zillo

zillo

Jun 5, 2003
    For those of you who like roots music with a DEEP dose of blues, psychedelia, plain old rock & roll, and grooves that rock so hard your speakers bounce, check this recording out.

It was recorded at Bonarooo this past summer, and features R. L. Burnside and a bunch of the All Stars other neighbors. Every track is a highlight, but I particularly enjoy Po Black Maddie > Skinny Woman, Jumper on the Line, and Shimmy She Wobble > Station Blues (sounds a lot like Sitting on Top of the World). Of course, those are todays favs, tomorrow might be different.

Excellent musicians. Chris Chews lays down tough and very grooving bass lines. Boom boom boom, he's alright!

Do yourself a favor, this thing rocks, it's loud, raw, and makes you jump out of your seat and jump around!

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    It's weird, being from MS I've heard great things about them, but I have never heard any of their stuff.

Maybe I should help support the locals. :D