North Sea Jazz: Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by markjazz, May 16, 2002.

1. People the north sea jazz festival has just announced the line-up.
    (drumroll...) Stanley Clarke and Marcus Miller on the same day, mark is going crazy.
    So if you wanna see them, just come to The Netherlands on the 12-14 July.

Look it up at

Also at North Sea Jazz:
    Bela Fleck & The Flecktones (Victor Wooten).
  2. That's a gig-and-a-half! I have a couple of recordings* done live at a previous NSJ event - NHØP & Joe Pass improvising - un-bloody-believable! talk about inspired! - just one bass and one guitar sounding as if there were at least 4 people playing! Look forward to hearing your report!

- Wil

(BTW heard a review on the Beeb Woild Soivice(Jazzmatazz program) on a similar type of festival which takes place in South Africa - interesting, and some really good jazz to be heard in that part of the world)

* "North Sea Nights" was one of them
  3. shame shame shame,
    I have gigs those 3 days

I would certainly have considered the trip from Belgium :(
  4. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    Stan is coming here too. I'm not sure if I care to go check him out. Does anyone have an idea what he has been doing lately?

Don't forget to post a gig report! ;)
  5. Yahoooo, don't know if I can make I'd, but I'll bloody well try VERY hard
  6. BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    Well, we decided not to go this year. Everytime we do go we swear it's the last time anyway! The festival is a mess and it is really hard to enjoy a concert there. But who knows...
  7. Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    I heard from Stanleys webmaster that he cancelled the European tour. So he won't be playing at the NSJF I guess. It's a shame because I really wanna see him play.