Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Northern California Stores Carrying G&L/Dean Jeff Berlin Sig/Fender RB5?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by winston, May 4, 2002.

1. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Does anyone know of NorCal stores with a good selection of G&L basses, the Fender RB5, or the Dean Jeff Berlin models?

I've seen a couple G&L's at the 5th String in Sacto, and I remember seeing several at an SF store off of Van Ness a few years ago. Bananas at Large in San Rafael had one last time I checked.

Haven't seen the Jeff Berlins at any local dealers. I'm looking for either the Exotic or Standard, not the Basic. I've called around but haven't found any in stock.

About 2 years ago I played a Fender Roscoe Beck 5 at Guitar Showcase in San Jose but haven't seen anymore despite the rave reviews they get on TB.

I'm in the Davis area and if anyone could let me know if they've seen these basses between say, Santa Cruz, Fresno, Sonoma, Reno, and Redding I'd be very thankful.

2. There is an authorized G&L dealer in Folsom. Nicholson Music, I think is the name. They are on East Bidwell a couple blocks farther up from the DMV, opposite side of the street.

Northridge Music in Fair Oaks/Citrus Heights is the Fender dealer, but never an RB5 that I know of. I bought my RB5 sight unseen from eBay.