Northern California TalkBass Members Get Together

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Hello, folks. the title says it all. I'm wondering if any TalkBass members residing in Northern California are interested in spending an evening of fun, fraternization and controlled low end mayhem somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't know the "when" and the "where" just yet. Before I do all that, I'd like to know for sure that someone besides me would show up. So let me know if there's an interest by replying to this post or e-mailing me privately.

Will C.:cool:
  2. Well, I don't live in No. California, but I will be spending a week there next week.

Does that count ?

3. time I'll be there is probably some time around April, assuming I get enough time off school for spring break. Otherwise, I won't be there til late June/early July.
    But, then again, with my kinda luck, I'll miss any get together there would be. And if I don't, my parents would probably be overtly skeptical about it, and wouldn't let me go. :p Oh well. :D
  4. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I come along if you pay the air fare :)
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Hmmmm... I live in SoCal, but I could arrange a business trip to our Pleasanton office to coincide. Keep me posted.
  6. hmm, can we have something like this but on Long Island in NY???
  7. backtoschool

Oct 24, 2000
    I guess then I'll announce my North Dakota get together, oh wait... :(

8. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Great Idea Big.

How about a day at the races, Golden Gate Fields?
    I guess not, drinking in the daytime and gambling, tough mix to cut through.
    Strip bar? To distracting.
    Banquet room brunch? To much to organize.
    My house in Oakland is on the smallish side.
    Gelb's parking lot and tailgate!
  9. Deeter

Dec 5, 2000
    San Fransico, CA
    I bet your North Dakota get together wouldn't be as happenin' as my Northwest Missouri get together! :(:mad::rolleyes:
  10. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000

Well, my original Californa idea isn't exactly going gangbusters either. If it doesn't get any better, It'll boil down to Vic and me going shopping for CDs at Rasputin Music in Berkeley.:rolleyes:

11. Big Wheel,

Where is that music store in Berkeley ? I will be visiting JPL at Moffett Field next week, and could spend some free time perusing the local music stores.

Keep me posted ... I fly out on Monday.

12. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    Subway Guitars. 1800 (or so) Cedar Ave.

They have a website too. I think it's or something. you can find it on a search engine. I go there sometimes, as I find Fat Dog's stringed creations curiously fascinating, although I can't think of coughing up the dough for one when I could get some new toy on eBay.

By the way, this get together thing is still just an idea. So far I got Vic. I know of another TalkBass member who lives in the area, but he hasn't expressed any interest yet, so I'll let him be for now.

13. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000

Sushi at Uzam on College Ave is absolutly amazing and they have a good Saki selection from dry to sweet. If your in the area and you don't like sushi, as I did, this place will convert you. I highly recomend this place.

14. Thanks Big,

I'll check out some of the "Stringed Creations".

15. That sounds like a good idea Big Wheel.I live in the foothills about an hour and a half or so from SF.If it was on a weekend I could make it.

There gonna be girls at that thar git togever? hehehe.....
  16. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    i'm there just let me know,have u bay area cat's ever been to vegi long life before on university ave?talking about some good ass food.bay area cat's keep me informed.i'm there
    count be in.
  17. Ummmm...aren't there...a couple of University Ave's in the Bay Area? I know at least there's one in Palo Alto & one in Berkley...or Oakland, or somewhere around there. I wasn't paying attention to where I was at the time. :p
  18. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    hi bay dudes,

i wouldn't mind gett'n together...I'm in da Creek.

Capt. Wally
  19. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    berkeley sheep man.this is so cool being able to get together with bass player's talking about how low can u go,
    i've already told the wife so i'm waiting for the date.
    peace out.
  20. Man...the more I see this thread in here the more I wanna all I gotta do is ask my mom if she'd let me...
    "Mom, would you be willing to let me go hang out with a bunch of musicians, most of whom are older than me, next time we're in Palo Alto?"
    "Ummm...I'm not sure, go ask dad."
    "Dad, would you be willing to let me hang out with a bunch of musicians, most of whom are older than me, next time we're in Palo Alto?"
    "Ummm...I don't know. Go ask your mother."
    :DOr at least thats how these kinds of things usually go between my parents and I.:p