1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nortstrand Big Single question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AndyTheDude, May 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AndyTheDude

AndyTheDude

Aug 12, 2007
    Ireland
    I want to buy a new bass, the Ibanez SR1300 Premium. The only thing holding me back is the pickups in it.
    Do those little magnetic poles stick out or are they completely leveled with the pickup casing?
    It's hard to say from the photos (I'll be buying the bass in an online shop), it seems like they stick out a little...
    If they do stick out, is there any way of lowering them so the entire pickup is completely flat?
    I am worried that my fingernails will catch those poles while playing.

2. laklandplayer

laklandplayer Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2001
    USA - Memphis, TN
    If they are like the Big Splits, the magnets are raised to follow the radius of the the strings, lower on the outside higher in the middle and this is what you want. If the magnets are flat across the pickup your string balance will suffer and your e and g strings will be louder than you a and d strings. It shouldn't be a problem but if it is, trim you fingernails.