Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Norwegian Wood - Vic Wooten

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Paolo, Oct 4, 2002.

1. I search tabs of Norwegian Wood played in solo by the great Victor Wooten.
    Anyone can help me ?

Paolo

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I'd like to hear Carol Kaye play that! ;)

4. Tiwaz

Tiwaz

Sep 22, 2002
    Norway
    I have Victor Wootens version of Norwegian Wood , I'll upload it to BassTalk's tab archive now.
    But you'll need to download PowerTab Editor (it's free) , it's about 3mb:

http://powertab.guitarnetwork.org

:)

(hehe , damn , I thought it was possible to upload tabs and stuff here , appearantly it isn't... :( )
    Just pm me you email addy and I'll send it to you asap. (the file is only about 50kb or so)

5. Tiwaz

Tiwaz

Sep 22, 2002
    Norway
    Aha , I found out how to do it :)

Just change the file-extension to .ptb

6. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Doesn't PowerTab allow you to export the tab to a plan ASCII text file? That would be a better way to share across the internet.

Wulf

7. Tiwaz

Tiwaz

Sep 22, 2002
    Norway
    Yeah , you can export to ASCII , but ASCII kinda sucks...:p
    With PowerTab you also get the regular notes along with the tablature + there is an integrated player that enables you to listen to the music.
    It's easy to use , and I recommend it to everyone.

8. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Sure - ASCII tab is a very limited form of communication but it does allow you to communicate with virtually any computer system on earth (useful for sharing with those who don't have MS Windows and the rights to install software on the computer they are using). It will also be accessible in ten years time when PowerTab may have disappeared or no longer be available on whatever system you are using then. :cool:

How about posting the ASCII output somewhere for those who can't use PowerTab but would be grateful for the information? That could be your good deed for the day ;)

Cheers,

Wulf

9. Tiwaz

Tiwaz

Sep 22, 2002
    Norway
    Ok , here's my good deed for the day ;)

10. Scar

Scar

May 22, 2007
    would you be able to send your copy of norwegian wood tabs to me please. I been trying to work it out by ear and its killing me.

Would be much appreciated

S

11. madkat

madkat

May 15, 2007