Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Norwood Fisher

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by LeMonJello420, Jan 14, 2001.

1. LeMonJello420

LeMonJello420 Guest

Jan 9, 2001
    Tampa, FL
    All the bass players mentioned are great........but, how about Norwood Fisher from Fishbone!? Great basslines, great feel, great execution. Too watch them live........

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    Norwood does rock. I saw Fishbone approximately 12 yrs a go when Truth and Soul first came out and they were brilliant. It was by far one of the best shows I've seen. The only thing I was disappointed in was that they didn't play Bonin' in the Boneyard. Why,man? Why?

The same thing happened when I saw the Chili Peppers when Uplift Mofo Party Plan was released. They played about everything but Love Trilogy and Subterranean Home... the damn Dylan cover... Why? Why? Why?

3. norwoods great, i loved seeing him in the priceline commerials

4. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Norwood is an excellent bassist, BUT...
    About 8 or 9 years ago I saw Primus and Fishbone play at the Riviera in Chicago. Primus turned in a mindblowing opening set, and Fishbone took the stage. The music was happening, and in between songs the singer ranted and raved about racism and oppression and the evil white man (Bush the Elder) in the White House. This was all cool...he continued, saying we had to overcome stereotypes and deal with people as individuals, and fight together against injustice...that's all great, who could possibly disagree? And then..."hey all you bitches who wanna show your stuff get onstage for a booty contest!" The band proceeded to waste a half hour of their set calling women up on stage to show their t**s and shake their asses. Seeing them pull this crap, treating women as nothing but sex objects after complaining about injustice and oppression completely turned me off to the band. They didn't practice what they preached. What a bunch of hypocrites!

[Edited by Chris A on 01-15-2001 at 07:15 PM]

5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Fisher is great! mmm....I WANT TO SEE FISHBONE LIVE!
    but anyway...he´s really cool

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Funky bass! .... Funky a$$ bass!

7. Yertle The Turtle

Yertle The Turtle

Nov 15, 2000
    I second that