1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NOS Hungarian Tungsram ECC83 (12AX7) $20 ea.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by kurosawa, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *** ALL 4 SOLD ***

THANK YOU DOODADDY AND SUPERIORPINE! (PS, these tubes are now going for $60!)

Ongoing divorce survival sale, all my bass stuff is up for grabs.

I have 4 claimed-NOS Hungarian Tungsram ECC83 (Euro-speak for 12AX7) preamp tubes here that I got from a Euro hi-fi dude. I don't generally like 12AX7s for bass. Bass applications are much more demanding than guitar because of that lower octave. I find the 12AX7 soggy for bass.

However, the (Hungarian) Tungsram ECC83 (modeled after the bass favorite Telefunken ECC83, flat plate, diamond base) is even better compared side by side, much livelier and more articulate than the Tele. It's got spank and sparkle and stands head and shoulders above other 12AX7 types to my ears.

And in general, I find not all 5751s, but the triple-mica 5751 tubes, standing head and shoulders over even those, BUT there is one place I like this tube better than the Grail Grade 5751, and that's with flatwounds. Not that this tube won't spank the hell out of any 12AX7 type for me, even with roundwounds, but with flatwounds, they're amazing.

They may not be fetish-grade tubes at fetish-grade prices, but man do they wail like magic tubes.

Yah they're around for $40 apiece but as I got them for $30 and never plugged 'em in, you can have 'em for $20 each + 5.90 shipping for any quantity, and of course if you buy other tubes from me, just pay the postage once. To US addresses only (including APO and anywhere there's a ZIP code).

They have me on day shift now so making it to the post office on time is iffy from day to day.

My PayPal is kkurosawa@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Doodaddy

Doodaddy

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
    I'll take two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.