Nosebleed during a gig last night!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by zac2944, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Or black metall...

2. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    ....but I learned of a new way to "stop" a nosebleed almost immediately. I too get them during the winter or when going to a dry climate. I didn't believe this until I tried it and it actually worked. I don't know if it will work on stage or not, but if you have your car keys handy, this will stop the nosebleed right away:

Take your car keys and lean forward just a little bit and let them slide down your back. I have no idea how this works, but it does! Now, a lot of people are going to read this and think that I'm full of crap, but I guarantee that if you have a nosebleed and you slide keys down the middle of your backbone, your nose will stop bleeding. Crazy, I know, but it works!

Good luck dude!

3. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    to the above poster-
    <leprechaun voice on> I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet <leprechaun voice off>

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Hey, I once got rid of warts by secretly rubbing them with bacon and burying the bacon in the backyard. Stranger things have happened.

Does it need to be a particular car. or will any keys work?

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I have the same problem (winter dryness) . I tried a saline gel called Ayr. Seems to work very good, most drug stores carry it and it last a LOT longer then regular saline spray.

6. Bare skin or through clothes? Or does it not matter? I have a friend at work that gets them really bad.

I used to get them throughout high school, but I had the silver nitrate(?) solution jammed up my schnozz and it worked very well. I've had maybe a few since, but never the kind that took forever to stop.

========================================
    Gross story alert! I had a fight with my brother once and he bloodied my nose. Not that big a deal, but he pinned me down on the ground. I said "You win, now let me up, my nose is bleeding." He said no, so I got a big hocker and spit bloody snot in his face.

He let me up after that.

7. it will help you out in many ways, I now have one and I dont have dry skin, no dandruff, and my sticks are much happier. On top of this, this is the first winter I have not been half sick the entire time, I keep my relative humidity around 60, and do not let it drop below 50 (get a hygrometer to measure this).

I have gas heat, and run through ~5 gal of water in ~3 days to keep above 50% RH. Drink more water + get a humidifier == happy body, happy guitars.

[edit] forgot to relate to the thread-- I dont get nosebleeds, but have wicked sinus problems - either way way too dry, or can hardly breath. much fewer problems with water in body and air.

8. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative

Yeah yeah yeah...purple schlong and all....I guarantee that if you try this the next time you have a nosebleed it will stop right away.

Don't put something down until you've tried it! I have a Bachelor's of Science degree, and none of what I said "fits" into any part of science I've ever known. However, it works, and I can't explain it.

:spit:

:D

9. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    I tried that, but the string kept getting in my beer.

10. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Until you start to get weak and pass out... :meh:

11. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, that actually made me laugh at loud...hahahahaha very nice.

12. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but my advice? NEVER use tampons up your nose to stop a nose bleed. I did it myself once, and remembered after about 3 minutes that they expand. A LOT. Was a bee-hatch to get back out again, very painful, and made it bleed even worse.

13. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Wow. Zombie thread.

14. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Indeed. I love zombies.

15. jdwilliams

jdwilliams

May 16, 2010
    Las Vegas NV
    Fitting user name!

16. And a very valuable PSA.

17. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    NE ND
    Dryness. Maybe low iron....

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021