Not a bass, but . . .

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by basstrader, Nov 10, 2004.

1. What the F*ù$ is that?!!!!
    I want one!!!:hyper:
  2. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That looks fun, but also it looks like it'd harder than all hell to get used to.
  3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    {3 hours later}

Pat Metheney: Ok guys, It's all tuned up. Let's hit the stage!!

The Band: ZZZzzzz....
  4. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    That...looks funny.

makes me love my 4 string...
  5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I think it'd be loads of fun to try and play it :)

brings a whole new meaning to shredding :bassist:
  6. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Turner only needed two necks.
  7. Linda Manzer has made another one of those for a different guitarist as well.

I believe Pat calls it the Picasso. :D
  8. Metheny plays that thing live on his more etherial works. I know he uses it on As Wichitah Falls.. .You can see where he plays the bass notes. It is pretty cool. Metheny is mind blowing in concert. He is touring again, will be in fla in feb.
  9. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Can someone recomend a MEtheny album to me?
  10. The DVD "Speaking of Now Live" has Pat playing the Picasso. It also has Richard Bona and he has a solo on there. Great DVD.
  11. I think the best Metheny is when he was on his Brazillian kick. The Travels is a double live album from San Fran in 1982. Back then, the pot head hippie types that like pink floyd were sophisticated enough to like fusion and jazz. you here them cheering. The whitichita song is in movements, and is like 17 minutes long.

FIrst Circle is also essential metheny.
  12. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
  13. groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Oh crap...I broke a string....

14. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I dont really know what I like...I guess jazz with a bit of groove to it, but i've got stuff by Miles, Coltrane, Mingus, Monk, Hancock, Brubeck, Byrd and like pretty much all of it for different reasons!
  15. stamman5

Aug 10, 2004
    My first recommendation would be Bright Size Life w/ Jaco. A must for bass players I think.
    And next I would say either the Speaking of Now CD or DVD. Yes, Richard Bona's solo on that is AMAZING. I just got a chance to see him live a few weeks back. Sat two seats away from him and even got to play his new Five string Fodera after the show :hyper: :D Sweet!
  16. Hey wasn't that guitar? on an episode of ST TOS , where they had a transporter accident, beaming down Spocks harp and the hippies guitars?

Herbert, Herbert, Herbert.

"I'm going to click my heels and jump for joy, got a clean bill of health from Doctor Macoy."
  17. Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    I'm afraid to string it. Or hold it.
  18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Looks like a PhotoShop creation.

Off to Misc with you!