1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Not a bass...but.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by santucci218, Sep 14, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Look at my new baby, haha. Yeah, thats right.

A 20th Anniversary Ibanez RG550! It was New old stock from 2007 in my music store. I restrung it to fix the floyd rose and fell in love. There were only 400 of this color released in the US and i have one! Came with a matching case, strap, picks, and all that jazz. Anyways, plays like a dream!

Side note, i bought it for 750 bucks with my discount and i just watched one go used on ebay for 1000!

[​IMG]

2. Green Mind

Green Mind

Aug 28, 2007
    BC/AB, Canada
    Not my thing but I'm glad you're happy

3. Yeah, that's def not a bass.:eyebrow:

4. Nice score! It always feels great when you get a deal like that. Not sure how other tb'ers will feel about you posting a guitar though...:p

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Haha, i spent too much money on basses this year so i bought a guitar! I wanted to show it off, give me a break, lol.

probably jealous that i have a cooler instrument.

6. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Not so much. Now if it had been an old-school Strat, THAT would be pretty cool. :p:

I just never could get into the RG body style. I'm definitely more of a traditionalist with guitars. My current favorite is the Eric Johnson Sig Strat.

7. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    oh man the tone on those is SO warm and fat.

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Yeah. I want one bad. I go to GC and sigh heavily.

9. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    "No honey, I won't buy any more bass gear this year. I promise."

I've used that one before - and done exactly the same thing (well, camera gear instead of a guitar, but it's the same idea).

Nice looking guitar though. My friend has a similar Ibanez and it felt great.

10. Personnally feel that the thread should be locked, the photo deleted and nothing about this entire episode ever spoken about again on the pages of TB.

PS Nice guitar though.......I have an Epiphone Firebird that I want to swap out for a Dean Flying V

11. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Haha, the action on this thing is lower than any other stringed instrument...ever....I can snugly fit a debit card under the strings at the 12th fret...

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Cool lookin' axe.

13. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Those are nice. Congrats on the score!

14. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Nice score! I have one just like it. The orginal 550s and these reissues have the fastest necks on the planet!

Enjoy that shred monster! :bassist: