Not a funny story...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by EdgarHons, Nov 29, 2000.

1. EdgarHons

Oct 14, 2000
    ::Sigh:: Here goes...

I'm 15. For Christmas I was supposed to get an Amp from my parents, I was going to pay for half of it. Then, with the rest of the money I have, and all the future money I'll have, I was going to buy a bass, I had just about enough for a decent $500 or so bass (Heck, coulda been a bad or a great $500 bass, I would have had 500). So I was all happy and giddy and such, when my mom's van broke down. She took it to the shop, and the expenses were around 600-700 dollars. This was all the X-mas money, and now I'm not getting anything for Christmas. I don't mean to sound bratty, as I should be happy I would have had 500 anyways, and I'm already quite spoiled, and I'm not angry, but I'm disappointed as mostly anyone would be. However, my parents are cool and decided I should get some money to buy some equipment, so they told me I could sell our pool table (We never use it anyways)...

So, in order for me to get some decent equipment, I've got to sell a pool table. Notice the first sentence in the story. I'm 15 years old...selling a pool table isn't a piece of cake. I've got no idea what sort of advice I should ask, but does anyone know how much a pool table costs? Or if there's someplace where I could trade a pool table for an amp or guitar or something? was just a story anyways...send pity to :)
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just goes to show you ... life really blows.
  3. You forgot and then you die part

on the lighter side you are only 15 edgar and their will be more Christmases to come
  4. Heck! If it's a nice enough pool table, that will get you a great amp and a nice shiny new bass! Let's be a little more optimistic here :). If the table is junk............disregard everything I said. :D
  5. Begin old man speech....
    Back in my day, we had to tie a piece of twine around a couple of sticks we found lying in the mud for a bass guitar, and we liked it!
    End old man speech,

Bummer dude,

I know how it is to have the instrument so close to being in your posession, and being snagged out from underneath you.

It sucks.

There will be other opportunities. It doesn't have to be Christmas to get a new bass, it's an investment - (ask my wife).

Wish you lived closer to me, I'm looking to buy a pool table soon!

6. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Hey Edgar,you obviously have Internet access so I would suggest doing a search for Pool tables and equipment,find out what new ones of the same type you have are going for and then look at E-bay or Recycler and see if there are auctions for similar ones to yours and how the bids are going.Then maybe try your own auction on one of these services(E-bay lets the seller set a reserve price below which he/she can decide whether or not to sell,they also have a new "buy it now" feature where the seller sets a price at which a prospective buyer can purchase the item before bidding starts.)You may also have some luck with a free ad at your local supermarket or "Green Sheet".Good luck!
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, Life sucks, then you get cancer. Then the cancer goes into remission. Then, as you're leaving the hospital, you get hit by a bus full of german tourists, then MAYBE you die.:D Sorry...Dennis Leary Bit...

But man, I know life sucks. Whenever I get money, or threaten to get money in so much as a decade...phht! Something and everything breaks, and the little stuff starts adding up. I've got a job, live at home (I'm 16) and get free food and rent, and I'm STILL always broke.

Life does suck quite a lot when you get down to it. I think life is actually the breif interlude between getting screwed out of your money...