Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Not a korn question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by korngod_04, Jun 5, 2001.

1. korngod_04

korngod_04

Feb 11, 2001
    Does anyone know what the bass amp settings are for the following bands? Rage against the machine, Kittie, Coal Chamber, Marilyn Manson, A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails.
    Thanks

2. the chick from APC uses a bass POD.. she changes it throughout the tours. She was in Bass Player magazine.. prolly 4-5 months ago.. check it out.

3. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    RATM Ampeg 4pro with the new 8x10s

Perfect Circle Mesa Boogie with the classic 8x10s

Coal Chamber, I think Ampeg, but who cares, they aren't very good

NIN they don't have a set bass player so it varies

Kittie, you mean people actually listen to them, let alone care what kind of equipment?

Marylin Manson, when my old band played with them, he used SWR.. but I'm not sure if they even have the same bass player.

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    He's talking about EQ settings...he's a dude from the Tabcrawler board, and emailed me about Fieldy.

Dude, for the most part, they just do the smiley face, like Fieldy, which is why they all have BAD tone. Some have moderation in how much mids they remove, like Paz. Some don't, like Fieldy, Rayna, and Talena. All players I don't like, too! ;)

Exception being Timmy C, his tone is pretty good. Twiggy's tone is all over the place, anywhere from all mids GONE to lots added.

In specifics, they're all very different, though. Don't worry about other players, just find your own tone. I've seen through your emails that you'd really like to copy other people's tone...usually those who have bad tone, in my opinion. Why bother? Find your own tone that YOU like through experimenting, if nothing else.

5. hey c'mon if men can play in hardcore bands and scream and be annoying so can women

besides Kittie is actually pretty cool

6. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Yes, I guess I should read the post :) most of them suck the mids... blah

As for Kittie.... they are NOT hardcore... they are nu-metal. Please don't disgrace hardcore like that. I love indecision and walls of jericho, both with girl singers/screamers. Even my hardcore/metalcore band has a girl guitar player, and are drummer was too.. but she sucked and we fired her.

7. ::bursts out laughing::
    that's a funny joke!

I think Timmyc boosts the mids from what I remember.

8. Yeah, Timmy C has great tone, Im pretty sure he boosts the mids, but Im sure it changes.

9. There is no such thing is "nu-metal". It's got nothing to do with metal. The right term is "Spookycore".

10. I'm just guessing but I would say the equipment any of these players use in a lot of cases has nothing to do with the sound you hear on their cd's.
    I'm getting the impression that many producers and engineers have prefered preamps etc. (such as Aguilar) that they use in the studio.
    The player may bring in his amp to play through but the engineer will extract the sound he wants from whatever source he wants.
    So what you see on stage is in many cases not what you heard on the cd.

I am always amazed that some bands (won't mention names) have someone who can barely play, someones friend who was just handed a bass yet their tone is incredible on the cd.
    I've heard lots of bad players with great sounds lately.
    They are obviously not responsible for the sound on the recording.
    They would have to play much better for their ear to even be developed enough to dial in a good sound.
    Most of them probably just pull out the pick and start hackin' away and the engineer makes it sound good.

This was all IMHO.

--C [/B][/QUOTE]

11. :rolleyes:

whatever you say, dude...

12. Sorry if I sounded a little aggressive there.. but people get confused by this stuff.. ending up claiming that Slipknot is deathmetal.. bad publicity for us.. !

13. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Yeah, now that I think of it.. it isn't metal at all.... all it is, is a bunch of scatology. I defend death metal, black metal, metalcore, hardcore, grind, screamo, and whatever else is good with a passion.

I don't understand why people paint thier face and/or wear masks... and slipknot.. do they really need 10 or so members?

14. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    i think it is clearly obvious that they do